BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business / Applied Foundations in Business
Our applied foundations in Business (BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma), awarded by Pearson, the world’s largest learning company, offers you a strong foundation to progress to higher qualifications in business and management. Employers, representatives from professional bodies and higher education experts have offered extensive guidance to design our qualifications.
The course aims to provide you with an engaging and stimulating syllabus that balances your future professional needs alongside your academic progression. Topics covered are business environments, marketing and budgeting. The course’s broad scope will leave you with many options upon graduating.
You will combine your knowledge and understanding through practical application and technical skills gained through out the course of the programme.
Why should you take this course?
The applied foundations programme is a available as a 12 or 18-month course designed to equip learners aged 16 and above with several skills and the knowledge necessary to progress to various undergraduate degrees or gain entry level employment.
As parents, we understand your concerns on providing the best possible education for your child. Our qualifications are awarded by Pearson which ensures that your child can transfer to more than 200 universities globally to complete their education.
Starting at AED 30,000/ -, the tuition fees for BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (applied foundations) in Business, are tailored to suit the finances of most households.
Why Study with UKCBC Dubai?
- We have been delivering vocational qualifications in the UK since 2001, where over 3,000 students choose to study with us every year.
- We have opened a state-of-the art campus in the heart of Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) that is easily accessible by all modes of transport.
- Practical application of concepts through engaging projects designed with industry consultants in order to help you develop employable skills.
- Affordable tuition fees with attractive scholarships & bursaries.
After completing our Applied Foundations in Business, you will have the opportunity to move onto a Higher National Diploma (HND), start year 1 of your undergraduate degree or gain entry level employment.
The Applied Foundations course is divided into two modules: Exploring Business and Developing a Marketing Campaign. As with each Pearson qualification, the course involves both internal and external assessments. You will give presentations, undertake on-job placements and create independent research projects as part of your grading process.
As a BTEC Level 3 Business student, you must complete a total of 1080 guided learning hours (GLH); the guided learning hours are broken up by modules, with each module equating to 60 GLH.
Qualification Credit Value: 180 Credit value
Total Number of Units: 18 units
4 mandatory units
14 optional specialist units
- The Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Communication
- Unit 5. Business Accounting
- Unit 7. Management Accounting
- Unit 10. Market Research in Business
- Unit 12. Internet Marketing in Business
- Unit 14. Aspects of Employment Law
- Unit 16. Human Resource Management in Business
- Unit 18. Managing a Business Event
- Unit 19. Developing Teams in Business
- Unit 21. Aspects of Contract and Business Law
- Unit 28. Business Project Management
- Unit 29. Understanding Retailing
- Unit 36. Starting a Small Business
- Unit 39. International Business
- Unit 46. Supply Chain Organization
*modules subject to change
- Minimum 3 IGCSE’s including Math, English and a related subject
- Grade 10 or equivalent in any curriculum with minimum 55%
- BTEC Level 2 in any ﬁeld
- Work Experience (for working professionals)
- Additional English language proficiency may apply where medium of teaching is not English
Students applying for fast track programme must show additional competency and pass an interview with faculty members.
The course will be delivered in two modes – regular and fast track. Students can opt any of the delivery modes however the final decision will be based on the faculty where the student grades will be an important deciding factor.
Fast Track [12 months] – AED 30,000** per year (inclusive of VAT)
Regular Mode [18-24 months] – AED 27,000** per year (inclusive of VAT)
**Additional awarding body registration fees may apply
For more details on the tuition fees please contact the UKCBC Dubai team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this course
This course is currently not running !