English for Academic Purposes
Course Availability: Admissions open
Duration : 12 weeks full time (120 hours) | 6 weeks part -time (60 hours)
We can help guarantee success for you at a higher education level. Let UKCBC help develop your English abilities into academic prosperity. By aiding your comprehension of lectures, seminars, and presentations we can provide you with the tools needed to successfully complete your education.
- Reading, writing, listening, and speaking in an academic context.
- Comprehension of lectures and note-taking skills.
- Reading authentic academic texts to prepare you for the experience at university.
- Improvement of academic vocabulary and language.
- Raising your level of overall proficiency in an academic context.
You can expect:
- An authentic learning environment with like-minded individuals.
- Native-level tutors.
- An opportunity to enhance the smaller skills such as skimming/scanning, critical analysis of academic components, understanding figures and tables.
Programme leader assessment
English placement test (EPT)
Each unit works on one of four skills with a clear focus on academic language and learning applications. Reading and listening texts from the book are up to date and additional texts such as newspaper articles, video clips and movie scripts are provided by the lecturer.
The grammar is level appropriate and is staged so each class supports the next.
Progress tests will be taken on a regular basis to assess student development and provide feedback. Feedback is given throughout the course in the form of one to one discussion, error correction when speaking and written corrections on essays.
Level appropriate vocabulary is presented and practiced in meaningful contexts and reinforced using activities games and quizzes. Additional phrases, idioms and expressions are added to develop the students’ understanding and aid their development.