Higher National Diploma in Business
Our Higher National Diploma in Business (HND) curriculum, awarded by Pearson, the world’s largest learning company; is designed in consultation with employers to give you the tools necessary to gain advantage when you begin your career or start your own business.
The programme lasts for 2 years (full time) and is highly recommended for students or working professionals who would like to gain hands-on experience in various areas of business before committing to a specific field or industry.
Why should you take this course?
Completion of the Higher National Diploma in Business will allow you to pursue one of these paths:
- Transfer to over 200 universities globally for a top up 3-year honors degree.
- Start and manage your own business with the skills acquired in our programme.
- Apply for an entry level job in HR, Logistics, Management, Marketing or Accounting.
As parents, we understand your concerns on providing the best possible education for your child. Our qualifications are awarded by Pearson which ensures that your child can transfer to more than 200 universities globally to complete their education.
Starting at AED 30,000/ – per year, the tuition fees for HND in Business, are tailored to suit the finances of the majority of households.
Why Study with UKCBC Dubai?
- We have been delivering vocational qualifications in the UK since 2001, where over 3,000 students choose to study with us every year.
- We have opened a state-of-the art campus in the heart of Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) that is easily accessible by all modes of transport.
- Practical application of concepts through engaging projects designed with industry consultants to help you develop employable skills.
- Affordable tuition fees with attractive scholarships & bursaries.
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 and 5 for HND in Business is assessed through a variety of forms of assessments. For many units, the practical demonstration of skills is necessary and, for others, students will need to carry out their own research and analysis, working independently or as part of a team.
The following are some of the main types of assessment:
- Written reports, essays
- Creation of financial documents
- Work-based projects
- Academic posters, displays, leaflets
- PowerPoint (or similar) presentations
- Recordings of interviews/role plays
- Working logbooks, reflective journals
- Presentations with assessor questioning
Once you have completed your HND in Business, you can top up your degree in any of the business majors mentioned below.
- Accounting and Finance.
- Business Management.
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
- Human Resource Management.
- Operations Management.
However, if you do not intend to continue your studies, you can;
- Enter employment.
- Continuing your existing employment.
- Link with the appropriate Professional Body.
- Start a Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
As an HND Business student, you must complete 960 guided learning hours (GLH).
Qualification Credit Value: 240 Credit value
Total Number of Units: 15 units
- 8 mandatory units
- 7 optional specialist units
|Unit 1: Business and Business Environment||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 2: Marketing Essentials||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 3: Human Resource Management||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 4: Management and Operations||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 5: Management Accounting||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 6: Managing a Successful Business Project||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 11: Research Project||30 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 12: Organizational Behaviour||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 8: Innovation and Commercialization||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 10: Financial Accounting||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 31: Statistics for Management||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 32: Business Strategy||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 35: Developing Individuals, Teams and organizations||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 40: International Marketing||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 42: Planning for Growth||15 Credits||Level 5|
- A minimum of 60% in CBSE, Filipino, American, Chinese or Thanaweya Amma curriculum.
- 3 D’s at AS levels
- 2 D’s at A levels
- 5 B’s in IGCSE’s including one Business subject (case to case basis)
- IB: 24 points; IB certificate: 22 points.
- 10.5 points in French Baccalaureate
- 4 B3 in WAEC/NECO
- 60% in South African curriculum
- Relevant work experience
- Additional English language proficiency may apply where medium of teaching is not English
Apply for this course
This course is currently not running !