Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Every day, we hear about more progress and inventions in the digital world. All modern businesses are powered by state of art IT infrastructure and a team of experts who ensure smooth functioning of the businesses. Therefore, the demand of talented and skilled computing professionals is growing globally.
The BTEC Level 4 & 5 HND in Computing, awarded by Pearson, the world’s largest learning company and UK College of Business & Computing (UKCBC)- Dubai Campus teaches you the skills necessary for a competing and growing IT industry so that you can apply the skills in the real world with confidence.
Our courses are designed in consultation with employers, representatives from professional bodies and higher education. We understand that students need to be equipped with employable skills hence our course assessments require students to work on practical assignments, write own research, real time case studies and projects.
Why should you take this course?
BTEC Level 4 & 5 HND in Computing, equivalent to an undergraduate qualification, is an 18- 24 months course designed to equip learners aged 16 and above with several skills and the knowledge necessary to progress to various undergraduate degrees or gain entry level employment.
As parents, we understand your concerns on providing the best possible education for your child. Our qualifications are awarded by Pearson which ensures that your child can transfer to more than 200 universities globally to complete their education. Starting at AED 33,000/ – per year, the tuition fees for BTEC HND Computing, are tailored to suit the finances of most households.
Why Study with UKCBC Dubai?
- We have been delivering vocational qualifications in the UK since 2001, where over 3,000 students choose to study with us every year.
- We have a state-of-the art campus in the heart of Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) that is easily accessible by all modes of transport.
- Practical application of concepts through engaging projects designed with industry consultants in order to help you develop employable skills.
- Affordable tuition fees with attractive scholarships & bursaries.
As with each Pearson qualification, the course involves both internal and external assessments. You will be required to give presentations, work-based projects, undertake on-job placements and create independent research projects.
On completion of the BTEC Level 4 & 5 HND in Computing qualification, you can
- Transfer to our partner universities for the top up year
- Gain entry level employment
Qualification Credit Value: 240 credit value
Total Number of Units: 15 units
- 8 mandatory units
- 7 optional specialist units
|Unit 1: Programming||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 2: Networking||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 3: Professional Practice||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 4: Database Design and Development||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 5: Security||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 6: Managing a Successful Computing Project||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 13: Computing Research Project||30 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 14: Business Intelligence||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 8: Computer Systems Architecture||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 10: Website Design and Development||15 Credits||Level 4|
|Unit 28: Prototyping||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 34: System Analysis and Design||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 37: Architecture||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 38: Database Management Systems||15 Credits||Level 5|
|Unit 40: User Experience and Interface Design||15 Credits||Level 5|
- A minimum of 60% in CBSE, Filipino, American, Chinese or Thanaweya Amma curriculum.
- 3 D’s at AS levels including either Math or Computing
- 2 D’s at A levels including either Math or Computing
- 5 B’s in IGCSE’s including either Math or Computing (case to case basis)
- IB: 24 points; IB certificate: 22 points, including Math with minimum 4 points.
- 11 points in French Baccalaureate
- 4 B3 in WAEC/NECO including Math
- 60% in South African curriculum
- Relevant work experience
- Additional English language proficiency may apply where medium of teaching is not English
Apply for this course
This course is currently not running !